Patient Resources List
Neurologists use EEGs to diagnose—and rule out—many types of neurological disease and injury. Some of the most common disorders where EEGs are prescribed include:
- American Academy of Neurology
Leading professional society for neurologists. Good online source of general information regarding neurology. Provides a tool for finding a neurologist in your area.
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
Part of the US National Institutes of Heath.
- Most countries have national neurological societies with useful websites and connections to local treatment resources. To find a listing, either google Epilepsy and your country of residence, or refer to one of the following regional associations that is closest to you.
- European Academy of Neurology
- Japanese Society of Neurology
- Neurology Asia
- Pediatric neurology sites include:
- European Pediatric Neurology Society
- Japanese Society of Child Neurology
- World Heath Organization (WHO)
United Nations affiliate organization provides health care statistics and policy information. Its Health topics section provides well-organized information on most commonly occurring neurological disorders.
- American Epilepsy Society (AES)
The leading US professional society dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and cure of epilepsy.
- Epilepsy Foundation
A patient advocacy group for people with epilepsy. Provides extensive patient-oriented resources.
- International League Against Epilepsy
An international professional society dedicated to improving the lives of people with epilepsy throughout the world.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Leading American society for sleep research and treatment
- European Sleep Research Society
Society that promotes all forms of sleep research
Other sites that provide patient information about brain illness and treatments: